Sung Cho - Consulting
I am available for hire as a consultant. Here are some of the things I can achieve for your company:
- Solve complex problems in production. At Dnote, a big design challenge was to sync users’ notes across many machines each running offline-first clients. I wrote a scalable state-based replication algorithm to reliably sync note states across distributed machines.
- Optimize your frontend performance. At Luxury Escapes, the checkout page built with React was slow to render and respond. I sped up the page render by 40% and responsiveness by 35% by carefully benchmarking the app and writing a state machine. You can learn more in this case study.
- Rewrite legacy code. I have replatformed a number of enormous legacy applications running PHP or .NET into node.js microservices and React frontend. You can read more in this article.
- Rapidly and reliably build new features and products. Let’s make. I autonomously designed, built, and maintained commercial applications such as Dnote and RemoteBase, used by thousands of people.
- Evangelize products among technical communities. At Dgraph, I built applications using the product, gave talks and wrote articles, spreading the technology and help growing the fledgling community.
- More things. Software is my passion and I strive to achieve a higher mastery and deliver greater impact. I can do the same for your company.
I am open to contracts lasting from 1 month to 6 months, charging daily rates.
I integrated flight purchase into the checkout flow in a React web application by translating a business problem and a design into a technical specification and implementing it.
Designed, and built a GUI for a distributed graph database using React and Go. Shipped an open source clone of StackOverflow using Dgraph, React and node.js.
Designed, built, and maintained the official docs website and an interactive tutorial.
Built Ranges, a feature that replaces spreadsheet for designers and fashion labels.
Designed and built a free and open source, commercial note-taking application supporting clients in web, command line, browser extensions, and an IDE plugin.