Simply Wall St - A case study
My work has saved the company from having to continue their investment in its existing mobile application which was falling behind its rapidly evolving web platform. In so doing, I have allowed the company to strengthen its mobile presence by reaching its users with the most up-to-date application at all times.
- I have wrapped a web application built with TypeScript and React into a mobile application, using Ionic Capacitor.
- Because the web application was server-side rendered, I modularized its complex server-side rendering logic and implemented a build process that generates various client-side entry points.
- The build and signing process has been completed automated for Android and iOS, using GitLab CI and bash scripts. My work has allowed the company to have a reproducible mobile build at all times with minimal maintenance.
- I have allowed the web application to be delivered as a Progressive Web App, thus affording users with more options to access the application.
- As a result of my work, the company was able to channel its resources into improving its React/TypeScript codebase that ships to all platforms (web, App Store, Play Store, Progressive Web App).
- The company extended its reach and strengthened its position in the mobile platforms by being able to rapidly ship to all platforms with minimal maintenance and investment.
Back to main